A good neighbor is a blessing. They may bring you food, help with the snow or lawn, help with your kids, give you a gift when you have a new baby, etc.
I have included many examples below to help you write a thank-you note to a neighbor.
There are benefits to being on good terms with your neighbors!
If you borrowed something from your neighbor, you may also want to read through the thank you for letting me borrow examples.
Thank You Note to Neighbor Template
Here is a template thank you note that could be used to thank neighbors in most situations. Note: fill in words [in brackets] as needed.
Dear Neighbor’s Name:
Thank you for [what you are thanking them for]. [A reason for why you are thankful]. I appreciate all the things you do for me as my neighbor. [Optional: Include a Compliment]
Related: How to Write a Thank-You Note
Short Thank You Neighbor Quotes
Here are some short messages for thanking your neighbor quickly in a text or verbally. These messages could be used as part of a longer thank-you note as well.
- Thank you for your help. You’re a great neighbor.
- I’m lucky to have you as a neighbor. Thanks for all that you do for me.
- You’re my favorite neighbor! Thank you for bringing me soup when I was sick.
- I am grateful to have you as my neighbor.
- I will miss you when I move. Thank you for being the best neighbor.
- Thanks for being a good neighbor.
- Thank you for being an excellent. I’m glad we share a fence.
A word of caution about compliments: Be careful of what you say, if you think another another neighbor would be upset if they learned they were not your favorite neighbor etc.
Thank You Message to Neighbor For Shoveling Snow or Plowing
- Thank you for shoveling snow for me! You are very generous with your time to do my driveway and sidewalks while you do yours. I sure do appreciate it!
- I am very thankful that you shoveled my sidewalk for me! You are a wonderful neighbor and saved me the work on a frigid day. I appreciate all the support you’ve given me since [spouse’s name] passed. He loved being outside, even when cold, but not me!
- You are an awesome neighbor! Thank you for surprising me but shoveling my snow. When I looked out the window, I felt amazed and happy to see that the snow had been removed. Thanks to you, I was able to leave for work on time!
- Good neighbors like you are a blessing. Thank you for using your snow blower on my sidewalk and driveway. I hope the fun of having a snow blower doesn’t wear off for you anytime soon. You saved me lots of time. Thanks again!
- Wow! The other neighbor told me you shoveled all the snow on our block! That was a huge undertaking. Thank you for your time, as I am thankful I didn’t have to clear my section of the sidewalk. We will all be spoiled if you keep this up!
- Thank you for snow-plowing my driveway after last week’s big storm! That would have been a lot for my kids to remove only with shovels. I appreciate your willingness to help us out, as do the kids. They were happy to have the day off school and to be able to play in the snow instead of shoveling it!
- Thank you for using our plow on our driveway! I was able to arrive at work on time every day this week thanks to your help. Thank you for being such a thoughtful neighbor.
- I am grateful to you for plowing all that snow out of my driveway. I am amazed at how quickly you got it done with the plow. Thank you for taking the time to help me out. I will not have a sore back from shoveling this week!
- The snow was pretty this week. I am so happy that you plowed it all out of my driveway. Because of your help, I didn’t have to use a sick day. I was happy to be able to make it to the office.
- Thank you for helping me this week by snowplowing my driveway. Your kindness keeps my driveway clear and safe. And I appreciate that you do this at no charge. You’re a great friend.
Thank You Message to Neighbor For Food
If the food was provided in a dish that needs to be returned, after cleaning the dish, the thank-you note could be placed in the dish to be given to the person when returning it. Please don’t feel obligated to make something for them in the dish. Returning the cleaned dish is okay!
- The brownies you made for my family were excellent! Thank you for welcoming us to the neighborhood. We look forward to getting to know you and the other families soon.
- Thank you for sharing your casserole with us. It has been a huge inconvenience not to be able to use my oven. We should have a replacement sometime next week. The entire family appreciated the home-cooked meal that was fresh and not warmed up in the microwave!
- Your popcorn is the best! Thank you for surprising me with it! I am impressed that you remembered that I like to watch a movie at home every Saturday night with a big bowl of popcorn. It tastes great when popped in bacon grease. It reminded me of when my grandma made popcorn.
- Thank you for making me soup when I was sick. The homemade chicken and noodle soup were easy to eat and helped me not dehydrate. You are such a caring neighbor, and I appreciate having you next door.
- You are the best neighbor I’ve ever had. I appreciate all the things you do for my family. We were amazed when you ordered pizza for us last week!
- I am glad you stopped by to see me last week when I wasn’t feeling well. You are a very thoughtful neighbor. The chicken noodle soup was perfect and helped me to feel better.
- You are a fantastic neighbor! Thank you for bringing over a couple of casseroles when I broke my foot. They were perfect and helped me stay off my foot and adjust to using crutches. Thanks again!
- You are an excellent cook! The [dish name] you brought over last week for dinner was tasty! Can you please share the recipe with me? It would be a great dish to share when I take a meal to new mothers at my church.
- Thank you for ordering pizza for my family last Wednesday! We also were glad that you came over to eat with us. I was impressed that you remembered how busy Wednesdays are for us. The quick pizza (I didn’t have to order, pick up, or cook) allowed us to have dinner around the table before the kids were taken to their evening activities.
- Thank you for the sweets last week. They were so yummy. I am thankful to have you as a neighbor.
Thank You Message For Welcoming to the Neighborhood
If you were given a gift basket, there are examples of “thank you for the gift basket” in the post here.
- Thank you for welcoming me to the neighborhood! The dishtowels are lovely! We will have you over to share the wine once we settle in. We are excited to have a friendly neighbor.
- You are a very thoughtful person! How nice to be welcomed as your new neighbor. We appreciate the candle you dropped off as we were moving in. Lilac is one of my favorite scents!
- Thank you for hosting a neighborhood potluck for my family. We are all happy to meet our nearest neighbors and excited to have made new friends. The kids are delighted to have found a few playmates, as moving here from Ohio was difficult.
- I am lucky to have moved next to you! You are a very generous neighbor. Thank you for sharing your love of mystery novels with me. I am always excited when you bring over the latest book you’ve finished. And I enjoy discussing books with you!
- I am excited to be in this neighborhood! Thank you for giving us such a warm welcome and coming over to meet us the first week. It’s nice knowing a few people that live close by.
- Thank you for bringing over a welcome basket when we moved in. We were excited to read through the city guide since we are new to the area. There are many things nearby to check out. Also, we enjoyed all of the snacks and fruit.
- I am excited to be your new neighbor! Thank you for giving my family such a warm welcome. We enjoyed visiting with your family last Saturday. Let’s do it again soon, and we’ll provide the drinks and snacks.
Thank You Message to Neighbor for Baby Gift
Related: Thank You Notes For Baby Gifts
- We are blessed to have you as a neighbor! Thank you for the warm cookies and tulips you brought when we brought [New Baby’s Name] home from the hospital. The cookies were a sweet treat, and the flowers looked beautiful when others stopped by to meet [New Baby’s Name].
- Thank you for the baby clothes and diapers for [New Baby’s Name]. We are thankful to you for being such a generous neighbor. We also appreciate that you kept our older kids overnight the evening that [New Baby’s Name] was born. That was a massive help for us too!
- We feel blessed by your generosity! Thank you for the card and cash celebrating the birth of [baby’s name]. We will be putting the money in his diaper fund. Feel free to stop by anytime to visit.
- Thank you for visiting us and [baby’s name] when she was born. The flowers you brought to the hospital were lovely. You’re a great neighbor.
- I am so excited that you gave us a stroller for [new baby]! What a thoughtful gift. We can continue walking in the evenings taking [new baby] with us. Having you as a friend and neighbor has brought me much joy.
- You are the best neighbor! Thank you for the baby gifts for my new granddaughter. My son was happy to have more diapers, wipes, and onesies.
Thank You Message to Neighbor for Support or Help
Here is a template thank you note for help. You’ll want to replace the words [in brackets] as appropriate for your situation.
Dear Person’s Name:
Thank you for coming over to help me with [what they helped you with]. Having your help meant that [project was faster, got done right, looks better, etc.]. I am thankful every day that you are my neighbor.
I’ve included more examples below. You may also want to review the thank you for the help examples.
- I am very thankful for your help putting together the new bookshelf last week. Your ability to assemble things saved me a ton of time and frustration as I was struggling even though I had the directions! When I see the bookshelf, I will remember that I have a wonderful neighbor!
- Thank you for working with me to Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) the feral cats we’ve fed in our yards. Using the drop-trap to get the “hard to catch” cats was easier working together. And now, we can look forward to a spring without any new kittens!
- Thank you for helping me paint my shed! I enjoyed getting to know you better while we worked together. I am thankful that you’re my neighbor and now my little shed is no longer an eyesore.
- Your the best neighbor I’ve ever had. Thank you for being there to help me out whenever I ask and for offering to pick things up a the store for me whenever you are going. I feel blessed to know you.
- I want to tell you how much I appreciate you! You are the best kind of neighbor. Thank you for always being willing to help me out. [And then list a few things they consistently help you with].
- Thank you for helping me out with [Dog’s Name] last week when I had to work late unexpectedly. I am glad that you were home to let her out a couple of times and to feed her! You’re a great neighbor!
Thank You Message to Neighbor for Mowing Lawn/Yard Work/Raking leaves
A few years ago, my sister helped me with yard work. Click here to read the note I wrote to her.
- Thank you for mowing my lawn while we were on vacation! I was thrilled not to have to do that chore as soon as we returned. Coming home to a freshly cut grass was a wonderful surprise.
- I am grateful for all the yard work you’ve done for my family. You have made the yard look fabulous! Your approach of doing half an hour made such a difference in just a couple of weeks!
- My landscaping is looking better than it has in many years! Thank you for coming over to help me. Your expertise shows! Several walkers have commented on how nice it looks.
- Thank you for using your riding mower to cut my grass. With all this rain we’ve had this year, I haven’t been able to keep up with the yard with my little reel mower. Your help saved me from hiring someone. Now that the grass height is low again, I should be able to keep up with it, if the rain slows down!
- My yard looks awesome! Thank you for your help with mowing and trimming the bushes. Also, I appreciate you teaching me how to remove small trees and weeds by the root. Maybe now I will not procrastinate so much when it comes to yard work.
- Spending just a little time each day on my lawn is paying off! Thank you for your dedication to helping my yard look great. I am thankful that you love yard work. Your expertise also helps get the chore done sooner.
- I am very grateful to you for taking over the mowing of my lawn. It was getting harder for me. I appreciate you for volunteering to mow my lawn when you mow yours. Thanks again!
- Thank you for mowing my lawn! I was very surprised when I pulled in the other day to discover it was mowed. You are a thoughtful and caring neighbor!
- Raking leaves always feels like a hassle to me! Thank you for sucking up the leaves in my yard with your mower. You are a wonderful neighbor for helping me with my yard work again!
- What a nice surprise to see your family raking my leaves! It looked like the children were enjoying themselves.
- Thank you for raking my leaves. I appreciate the help and the yard is ready for winter.