The following list of tools are designed to help you with your thank you note writing. If you choose to purchase any of them, I will receive a small commission, but you will not pay any more for them. Thank you for your support!
- A Modern Guide to Writing Thank-You Notes will provide you with everything that you need to be a successful thank you note writer. I compiled this book after two years of working on this blog as some people prefer to have a printed reference. There are templates, tips, and over 400 examples because sometimes you need a little help with knowing what to say in a note.
- In A Simple Act of Gratitude, author John Kralik shares his truly inspirational story of how writing over 300 thank you notes to family, friends and business contacts in one year changed his life.
How To Write Thank-You Notes
Tools and Tips
- Grammarly is a tool that you can use to check your grammar. Copy your thank-you note text into the Grammarly editor and get feedback on where commas should go and other grammar fixes. There are free and paid versions available. And, Grammarly can catch the issue where a word is spelled correctly but it’s the wrong word (their vs. there).
- Use a printable PDF gift list tracker to help you keep track of gifts given at events like baby showers, wedding showers, weddings, and graduations.
- Read through these 25 tips to see which can help you!
- Check out How to Write a Better Thank-You Note.
- Current Catalog cards are a family favorite. My mom started ordering cards from them in 1948. They offer cards at a great price. You can read my full review here.
- Minted.com sells higher-quality thank-you note cards. You can feel the difference when touching their cards as the paper is thicker. Read my review of Minted.com here.
- Amazon sells many, many thank-you note cards. Some of my favorite cards are from Lang. If you are shopping on Amazon already, get some note cards to have on hand when you need them.
- Read 7 tips for choosing a notecard.
- Download a free printable card here.