Funeral flowers are often given when someone passes away for various reasons, including sympathy.
Saying thank you for the funeral flowers can be done in a few sentences, but knowing what to say can feel challenging.
Below, you will learn how to write thank you notes for funeral flowers. In addition, there are funeral flowers example thank you note messages, and tips.
Keep in mind that the wording may need to be adjusted depending on how you know the person receiving the thank you note. It’s also possible that you will be writing thank-you notes to a recipient that you do not personally know but were friends or coworkers of the deceased.
This post is part of the funeral thank you note series. You may also want to read:
- Thank You Notes for Funerals How-To, Tips, and Etiquette. The post includes how to split the thank-you note writing responsibilities, etiquette, and more examples (including a few for funeral flowers).
- Thank You for the Funeral Plant messages (in the last section).
- Thank you notes for the funeral food examples
- To thank the funeral pastor, please review the funeral section in the thank your pastor article.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you click the link and then made a purchase, I will receive a commission.
Funeral Flowers Thank You Note Wording Template
Here is a template you can use for writing thank you notes for funeral flowers. There are many ways of writing the thank you message, so there are examples with different wording following the template.
Dear [person’s name],
Thank you for the flowers in memory of [deceased’s name]. The red and white roses were beautiful. Thank you for your remembering the family during this difficult time. You are a thoughtful [friend/person].
Sincerely (or warm regards),
[Your name or family of [deceased]
Notes and Tips:
- If you received funeral food or donations from the same person that sent the flowers, you could thank them for everything in one thank you note.
- If you received flowers after someone passed away, but there wasn’t a funeral, you can replace “funeral” with “sympathy” in most of the example messages.
- To stay organized, you can make a list of who gave flowers along with a brief description of the flowers (people appreciate it when you can acknowledge which specific flowers they sent). You can use a sheet of paper or a gift list tracker.
- If you don’t know who gave which flowers, it’s okay. You can still write a thank-note. You can stick to saying “flower arrangement” instead of the actual type of flowers.
- Including the name of the deceased in your note is helpful when you are writing a thank you note to a recipient you do not know.
- When writing notes on behalf of the family, you can sign the note with your full name like this: “Heidi Bender on behalf of the Smith Family.”
- Including compliments of the person or flowers will help your note feel more personal.
- The examples will only include the thank you part of the thank you note. If you are writing handwritten notes, you will still need to include the greeting, closing, and sign your name.
- Celebration of life can be used in place of “funeral” in the examples, as appropriation for your situation.
- If you have many thank you notes, you do not need to write them all in one sitting. You can break them up to avoid feeling overwhelmed.
- When choosing thank you cards, look for funeral thank you note cards that are blank on the inside so that you can write your personalized message on the inside. Here is an example of a set of 50 cards on Amazon.
Thank You Note for Funeral Flowers Message Examples
The examples in this section will help you say thank you for the funeral flowers to friends, family members, and acquaintances. The following section includes examples of thanking your coworkers for funeral flowers.
#1 Thank you for sending the roses for my mom’s funeral. She loved roses, and everyone always associated roses with my mom. It was such a beautiful arrangement and is sincerely appreciated.
#2 Thank you for the flower arrangement in remembrance of Aunt Joan. It looked so lovely when on display at the funeral home. Thank you for your ongoing support and prayers.
#3 Thank you for you sending the lovely floral arrangement to the memorial service for my sister [or insert name]. She adored daffodils, and it meant a lot to me that you remembered her favorite flower.
#4 Thank you for the funeral flowers when Bob passed away. He was a great guy, and he often shared stories about fishing with you. He will be remembered well, and my family is thankful that he had you as a friend.
#5 You are such wonderful neighbors. Thank you for sending the stunning flower arrangement of daisies when Susan passed. Also, thank you for attending the funeral and making a donation to the church.
#6 Sending flowers to the church for my grandma’s funeral was thoughtful. The flowers helped the church to look beautiful during the service. Also, thank you for coming to the visitation.
#7 Many flowers were sent to the funeral home for my dad. I liked your flowers the most! And I appreciate that you choose flowers that are not poisonous to my cats. I will enjoy them at home this week and not have to worry about my cats dying if they decide to eat or lick them.
#8 Thank you for the funeral flowers when my grandpa passed away. We appreciated your thoughtfulness and the kind words on the notecard with the flowers.
#9 Thank you for the condolence flowers. The entire family appreciates that you remembered [Person’s Name] when he passed away unexpectedly. The roses were beautiful at the funeral.
#10 Our family expresses our gratitude for the thoughtful funeral flower arrangement your family sent for [Name]’s funeral. It was beautiful and helped to brighten our day.
#11 Thank you for the lovely flower arrangement. They were incredibly kind, and we are so happy to have you in our lives. The entire family knows that you are also missing [Name] greatly. Our hearts go out to you as well.
#12 Thank you for sending the lovely flowers to the celebration of life for Charlotte. They helped make the space look beautiful. And the roses gave us some comfort during this time of loss.
#13 Thank you for the sympathy flowers when [Name] passed. I was pleasantly surprised when they were delivered; they were a bright spot in my week. The words on the little card were encouraging, and I thank you for your ongoing support.
#14 The flowers you sent last week in memory of [Name] were so beautiful. Purple tulips are my favorite. Thank you for your sympathy, love, and prayers.
Thank You Note for Funeral Flowers From Coworkers or Boss
When you have coworkers, they may send flowers to the funeral home.
When thanking your coworkers for funeral flowers, it’s OK to send them an email as it’s unlikely you will have their home address (and asking for it may fill awkward).
If you received flowers from a group of coworkers for the funeral, it’s fine to send a group thank-you email.
Examples to thank your boss for funeral flowers
#1 You are a wonderful boss, and I appreciate the sympathy flowers sent when [Name] died. I also am thankful for being able to take the week off of work while grieving his loss.
#2 My family loved the flowers you sent when [Name] passed away. Seeing the flowers at the funeral home was comforting. I also appreciated your presence at the funeral service. I will be back to work next Monday.
#3 Thank you for the beautiful flower arrangement for my dad’s funeral. Not only are you a wonderful boss, I consider you a friend. Thank you for being so supportive during this time. The time off from work is greatly appreciated.
Examples to thank one coworker for funeral flowers
#1 I am grateful that we have become close friends while working together. Thank you for the gorgeous flowers, your warm words of comfort, and your donation in memory of my brother. Thank you so much for covering my assignments during my time off.
#2 Thank you for the funeral flowers in honor of my aunt. You are a thoughtful coworker, and I have much appreciation for our friendship.
#3 Thank you for the beautiful flowers and generous donation when my uncle died. As you know, he was special to me. I appreciate you for thinking of me during this difficult time. Once I’m back in the office, let’s plan to go out to lunch together and catch up.
Group email examples to coworkers for funeral flowers
#1 Thank you to all of you for sending the lovely flower arrangement to the funeral home. It was nice to be thought of outside of work. And I greatly appreciate all of you who covered my workload while I was out.
#2 I have the best coworkers! Thank you for remembering my family and sending flowers to the funeral home. I also appreciated the sympathy card that many people in the office signed.
#3 Thank you for the funeral flowers for my mom. The tulips were beautiful and heartwarming. I am grateful to be on a team where I did not have to worry about my clients while I was out.
Saying Thank You For the Funeral Flowers Summary
During a time of grief, saying thank you for funeral flowers or sympathy flowers can feel challenging.
To help you express gratitude, you can review the wording in the thank you message samples. They will help you write thank you notes to your friends, family, coworkers, or anyone else that sent flowers for the funeral or celebration of life.