Thank you for your response email examples
Sometimes, when you get an email, you may want to thank the person for their response. Perhaps, you are thankful that they responded quickly or that you received a response to your job application.
Or, if you need help with writing autoresponder messages, there are examples at the end of this post.
The examples in this post will focus on thanking for the response. If you want to thank the person for the information in an email, please read the thank you for the information post. Sometimes the word response and information can be interchanged. Or, you might want to thank them for the response and the information. You may want to read through the samples in this post and the information post.
The basic thank-you note template:
Thank you for the.....(this is the middle section).
Thanks (or another closing),
For more details, see the five easy steps to writing a thank-you note. For this type of quick note, you may decide to leave out the closing.
The examples below are the middle section of a thank you note only. Please include a greeting and a closing in your note. [Words in brackets] should be replaced as appropriate for your message.
Thank you for the quick response examples
Tip #1: Think about why you are thankful for their response. How does the timely response impact you? The more detailed you can be, the better in your response. However, it depends on the situation as only replying with "Thank you for your fast response." can be acceptable too.
Tip #2: In the examples, words like quick can be replaced with immediate, fast, swift, prompt, or other synonyms. The examples below will provide alternatives to "thank you for the prompt response" and suggestions of what else you can say in your reply.
- Thank you for your immediate response. The information you provided will help us to move forward with the next steps (you can use your details instead of "next steps"). We will be in touch soon once we have finished our process and are ready for your review.
- We received your email and want to thank you for your quick reply! We have one more question for you. [Ask a follow-up question here]. Once we have the answer, we will be able to complete the project.
- Thank you for your quick response. We appreciate the attention you are giving to this issue. We will follow up after we investigate a few more possible causes of the problem.
- I am thankful for your timely feedback as it helps us keep the project on schedule. I will let you know when we are ready for the next review.
- Thank you for replying quickly! I appreciate your willingness to step up and help with [whatever they are helping with].
- Thank you for your timely response! We will move forward with the next steps.
- I appreciate your swift response. Because you replied so quickly, we should be able to deliver the project to you by the end of today.
- We are moving forward with the programming today! Thank you for replying so quickly. Your fast response will help us meet the requested due date.
- Thanks for responding immediately. As you are aware, we are in danger of missing the deadline. Your rapid response helped us stay on track!
- Wow! Thanks for your speedy reply. I will continue working based on the responses you provided. I will let you know at the end of today if there are any more questions.
- Thank you for quickly answering all of our questions. We will send over the completed project soon.
Examples to thank you for your response to my job application, resume, inquiry, etc.
This section will help you write a thank you message after you have submitted your application and before an interview. If you need examples of thank you notes after your interview, please read this after the job interview post.
Tip #1: If you receive an email response immediately after submitting sending your email, it's very likely an auto-response. I suggest waiting until you get a reply that wasn't automatically generated before you reply.
Tip #2: If you are contacted by email to set up an interview, thank the person for choosing you and confirm that the date and time of the meeting works for you. If they give you multiple options, be sure to include the date and time that works best for you.
Tip #3:When you receive a rejection email, you can still respond with a short thank you note.
Regardless of the situation (interview or not), your note can be short as the main goal is to say thank you and confirm any details. The examples below are split into sections for when you are offered an interview, declined for an interview, or when the response is that the position has been filled.
Examples notes for when the interview is set up
- Thank you! I am excited to come in for an interview and will see you on [Date] at [Time]. I am looking forward to meeting you and your team.
- Thank you for your interest in me. I will look forward to meeting you on [Date].
- I can come in for an interview at [time] on [date]. Please let me know if you have any questions before then. Thanks in advance for setting aside time to meet with me.
- Thanks for granting me an interview! I will expect your call at 10:00 AM next Monday for the phone interview.
- Thank you for the interview! I will see you next [Day] at [Time]. If you have any questions for me before then, please feel free to call or email me!
Examples notes for when you are not granted an interview
Tip #1: Being gracious when you are rejected for a position is a good idea. You never know when you might want to apply again or cross paths with someone you interacted with at a different business.
- Thank you for letting me know that I am not in the running for the position. I appreciate that you reviewed my resume. I look forward to applying to other openings in the future.
- I appreciate that you let me know! I will stop sending follow-up emails regarding this position. Have a great day!
- Thank you for taking the time to let me know that I am not being considered for the position. If there is another position that is open and is a fit for my skills, I would appreciate being considered for that position as well.
- Thank you again for considering me. I am grateful that you let me know that I'm no longer in the running. I will move on with my job search.
- Thank you for responding and notifying me that I will not be granted an interview.
Examples notes for when there is no open position
- Thank you for replying to my inquiry about [topic/situation/etc.]. I am sorry to hear that the position has already been filled. Thank you for letting me know!
- Thank you for taking the time to let me know that you are not currently hiring. Is it okay if I follow up again in 6 months?
- Thanks for letting me know there is not an open position at this time. I appreciate the response and will keep an eye on your website for future openings as [company name] seems like a wonderful place work from what my friends that work there have shared.
- I appreciate your response to let me know that you do not have an open position that fits my resume.
- I am sorry to hear that they are not currently any open positions. Thanks for the response.
Thank you for your email auto-response example
When you are away from the office on vacation, sick, or any other reason, you may want to use the auto-response feature of your email program. This feature will send an automatic email back to whoever sends you an email.
Below, you will find some examples of text you can use. Including when you will return and expect to reply to emails is professional and thoughtful and should reduce the amount of follow up emails from the same person. Also, if there is someone that can be contacted in your absence, please include that information too.
- Thank you for your email! I will return to the office on [Date]. Please contact [Name] at [phone number or email address] for any urgent issues while I'm away.
- Thank you for contacting me. I will respond to your message on [Day of the week], [Date] when I return from vacation. If you'd like support before my return, please reach out to [Name] at [email address].
- This is an auto-response as I am currently out of the office. I am not checking email while I am away. If you need assistance before my return on [Date], please contact [Name] or another member of the team.
Thank you for your application auto-response
If the email address is only for the receiving job applications, you can customize the message. If you have a standard period for reviewing each application, you can include the information in your auto-response. This can help limit the number of followup emails from people checking on their application status. Or you can keep it vague like in the third example below.
- Thank you for submitting your application. We will review your application within the next [time period]. The time period could be two weeks, 72 hours, etc. Use whatever time period is your policy.
- We have received your application. We review all applications on Fridays and will respond to you by Wednesday of the following week. Please do not send a follow-up message before Wednesday.
- Thank you for your application! We will be in touch with you soon if we decide to move forward with your application.
I hope these example messages helped you write your thank you response! Thanking someone for their response is polite and can be done in a short thank-you note. Auto-response emails can also be used to communicate information when you are out of the office or collecting applications.