Many online influencers, such as bloggers, podcasters, and YouTubers, provide free information or entertainment. A blog, podcast, or YouTube channel exists for nearly every topic.
Has their information helped you in some way? Take a few minutes to thank them and tell them how they have helped or impacted you.
Why Thank a Blogger, Podcaster, or YouTuber?
Here are a few reasons to thank the blogger or podcaster:
- Thanking the person lets them know what they are doing is worthwhile and making a difference. It also encourages them to keep going.
- They are real people. With the Internet, it’s easy to forget that a real person provides the content on the blog or podcast. Your thanks can be used as motivation for them to keep working and producing more content.
- They sent you something for free. I received an Ask Pat T-shirt when Pat answered a question I submitted. I sent him a thank you note for the shirt and also thanked him for all that I have learned from his website and podcasts.
- Life-changing Content. Wouldn’t you like to know if your content changed a life for the better?
- Because you like their stuff. Maybe it’s funny or unique or informative or some other reason.
- They featured you. Perhaps they mentioned your brand or website or had you on their show.
How To Thank an Online Influencer
- Use their affiliate links. When you hear them mention a product you’d like to try out on their podcast, video, or blog post, take an extra minute to visit their podcast notes first and purchase the item from there. This will give the person a small commission. They are giving you a ton of information for free. This is one way to repay them, and it will not cost you anything other than time to visit their site!
- Buy their stuff. When they offer a product or course, consider buying it.
- Spread the word. This can be done in person or on social media. Tell your friends how much you like the blogger and podcaster.
- Send a tweet. A tweet will not be as memorable as a thank you note or email, but it still counts!
- Positive reviews. Write an excellent review on the app you use to listen to their podcast to show appreciation for it.
- Send a handwritten thank-you note or a thank-you email. Share your success story with them. Let them know about the impact they have had on your life.
Thank-You Note Tips
- Their mailing address is usually at the bottom of their email newsletter or on a contact page. If you can’t find their address, email the note. This may need to be done using a contact form on their website.
- Name a specific blog post, podcast episode, or book you benefited from to make the note less generic.
- Including compliments is an easy way to add more content to your thank-you message.
Example Thank You Notes for Online Influencers
These examples could be sent in an email or a handwritten thank-you note. Or, on sites such as YouTube, you can leave a comment on a video. And for podcasts, you could also write a nice review message for them.
Remember to customize your message to make it specific to their content. With so many different types of podcasts, vlogs, blogs, YouTube channels, etc., providing examples that do not feel generic is more challenging. Also, genuine compliments are great to include.
I appreciate all the advice and information on your podcast. I followed the steps in episode [enter # or name of the episode], and the number of people signing up for my email list has increased significantly! Thank you for detailing each step. I love your blog as well!
#1 I loved your blog post about healthy eating on a budget. I have used your tips to save over $50 a month on groceries. I look forward to reading your new posts each Tuesday.
#2 Your blog and podcast have been life-changing. I’ve been able to follow your steps on how to set up and create a podcast. My podcast is starting to take off and gain traction. Thank you for providing detailed, actionable information!
#3 I find your podcast to be very funny and entertaining. I look forward to the new episode each Tuesday. Some days, it’s the highlight of my day. I find it more enjoyable than any other show. Keep up the great work!
#4 Your YouTube channel is fantastic. Thank you for all the information you provide about [Topic]. I’m learning so much.
#5 Thank you for your vlog. I appreciate how you present your content in an entertaining way. I look forward to it every day.
#6 Thank you for your fantastic podcast. It’s fun to listen to during my commute. The episode about [Topic] was one of my favorites.
#7 Your videos are so inspiring. Thank you for all that you do to help those in your community. The show about _________ was so amazing that I cried tears of joy.
#8 I very much appreciate your blog. Your home organization ideas have helped me to declutter and feel better living in my home. Thank you for everything!
#9 Thank you for your time and effort in making amazing content. I enjoy your videos/podcasts/blog posts. I feel like I connect with you even though we’ve never met.
#10 Thanks for your amazing show about cats. I’ve learned so much, and my cats are living a better life now as I’ve followed your advice.
Read Next: How To Appreciate an Author of a Book