Receiving happy birthday wishes on your birthday can feel great! Being acknowledged feels awesome.
I love waking up on my birthday and already have a happy birthday text message from my mom and siblings. And I share my birthday with my twin brother making it extra special.
This post is all about saying thank you for the birthday wishes. With current technology and social media, you probably received many happy birthday mentions on Facebook or text messages from family and friends. Or from your boss or coworkers, you may get a birthday email or instant message (Discord, Slack, Teams, etc.).
The example messages and tips will focus on expressing your gratitude and appreciation for birthday wishes. If you received birthday gifts, cards, or flowers or want to thank someone for coming to your birthday party celebration, you may also want to read through these posts:
- Thank you messages for birthday gifts and cards
- Thank you for the birthday flowers
- Thank you for coming to my birthday party
With most happy birthday wishes being expressed on Facebook, Instagram, or other social media or in a birthday text message, writing a handwritten thank you note is not necessary. Instead, you can say thank you on social media or by responding to a text message.
If someone gave you a gift and wished you a happy birthday, you can combine examples from this post with a birthday gift thank message. Remember that you should thank people for gifts individually (not in a Facebook status post where most people probably wished you a happy birthday but didn’t give you a gift).
Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and then make a purchase, I (Heidi) will receive a commission. Thank you so much.
Thank You for the Birthday Wishes Message Template
The most straightforward birthday wishes response will be one sentence. Here are several templates to get you started. Following the templates will be many example messages that use the templates.
Template #1 – Simple
Thank you for the birthday wishes!
Note: if you’d like, include an adjective before the word birthday, such as superb, wondering, amazing, lovely, beautiful, fantastic, or another synonym of your choice.
There will be a list of short thank you for the birthday wishes quotes following the templates.
Template #2 – Adding More Gratitude
This template builds on the first template. Then you can include another sentence or two expressing your gratitude for your friends, family, life, etc.
Thank you for the thoughtful birthday wishes! I am grateful to have so many great friends and family members. I had a great day!
Template #3 – How you spent your day
Following your birthday wishes thank you, you can share how you spent your birthday. It can also include gratitude for family and friends.
Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes. They meant a lot to me! I had a fantastic day with Ted. We went out for a delicious birthday lunch and then to the lake for a few hours of kayaking. I feel fortunate to have such great family and friends.
Template #4 – Make your message fun or funny
After you say thank you, you can include something funny referencing your age. Or make a joke about being 29 again. You could choose something from this list of funny birthday quotes.
Thanks to all for your birthday greetings and wishes. It has been a good year with many blessings. Let’s enjoy our next spin around the sun!
Template #5 – Emotional Messages for birthday wishes
To make your thank you feel emotional, you can include words like heart, from the bottom of my heart, touching, love, special, etc. Compliments can go a long way as well.
From the bottom of my heart, I thank you all for writing me a happy birthday wish. I’m thankful for all the dear friends in my life. Everyone thinking of me made my day extra special!
Negative ending with a positive
Sometimes a birthday can be a reminder of a year that wasn’t so great. If that was the case, you could mention it but still end your message with a positive spin.
Thanks for all the birthday wishes. 50 was not my year. Cheers to 51.
How To Say Thank You for Birthday Wishes on Facebook
If you are on Facebook, some of your friends and family likely wished you a happy birthday on Facebook. For me, most people write a Happy Birthday Message on my page, with a few sending a message using Facebook Messenger.
Here are a couple of ways for how to say thank you for the birthday wishes on Facebook:
- Respond to each message. You can reply to each individual happy birthday wish written on your page with a quick “thank you” or “thank you so much.” You can write a longer response if you want to (depending on the happy birthday wish or who wished you a happy birthday).
- Update your status. You can also write a status message to thank everyone that wished you a birthday. For example, you could use a message from the short Short Thank You Messages for Birthday Wishes section below. Or one of the longer examples.
- Respond with Messenger. If you’ve received a manageable number of direct messages via Facebook Messenger, respond to each message in Messenger.
Short Thank You Messages for Birthday Wishes
Sometimes a short thank you for the birthday wishes message is all you need. Or the messages in this section can be a great way to start a longer thank-you message.
- Thank you for wishing me a happy birthday.
- Thank you for the kind birthday wishes.
- Thank you for the wonderful birthday wishes.
- Thank you for the warm birthday wishes.
- Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes.
- Thanks for all the birthday wishes!
- Thank you for all the wishes on my birthday.
- Thank you all for the birthday messages and wishes.
- Thank you all for the lovely birthday wishes.
- Thank you, everyone, for the birthday wishes. I really appreciate it.
- Thank you, friends and family, for the birthday wishes. I had a wonderful day!
Thank You for the Birthday Wishes Messages
Here are messages to help you say thank you for the birthday wishes.
Note: the messages below with “all” or referring to a group will work well in emails to several people (such as your coworkers) or as a Facebook status.
1. Thank you for the birthday wishes! I appreciate hearing from you on my birthday.
2. Thank you to all who wished me a happy birthday! I had a great day. First, I had cake at work and then a nice dinner out.
3. I appreciate the birthday wishes! I am excited to see what happens in the next year!
4. I am grateful for all of you and appreciate everyone for wishing me a happy birthday. I was able to celebrate with my coworkers during lunch. [Spouse Name] and I will have a fancy dinner this weekend.
5. Thank you for recognizing my birthday. I feel loved receiving so many happy birthday wishes.
6. I enjoy hearing from you on my birthday each year. Thank you for the nice card and birthday wishes.
7. Thank you for remembering my birthday! I was surprised by your email. We should catch up soon.
8. So thankful for year 30 and looking forward to this year – 31!
9. Thank you for all your wishes for a happy birthday yesterday. I had a great day, spending it mostly with my kids.
10. Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes. I am excited for another year. I love living this life I have!!!
11. Friends, thank you for all of your birthday wishes yesterday. I’m blessed to be here, walking around, and even more blessed for the friends that I have.
12. Thank you, everyone, for the birthday wishes. I really appreciate you all taking the time to acknowledge my day.
13. I want to thank everyone for my birthday wishes. I spent it at work. Nevertheless, I thank the Lord for allowing me to see my 41st birthday. Have a fabulous Monday!
14. Thank everyone for the birthday wishes! I know there are quite a few I haven’t seen or been able to respond to yet. The price for spending my day fishing and kayaking.
15. I had one of the best birthdays yesterday. Thank you for helping make it special by wishing me a happy birthday!
16. Thanks for all the birthday wishes. It was a fantastic day spent with people I adore.
17. Thank you all for the very kind birthday wishes yesterday! I’m grateful to have you in my life.
18. To all my friends and family, thank you for the awesome birthday wishes!
19. Thank God for letting me see my 27th birthday. And thank you all for the birthday wishes and love.
20. Thanks, everyone, for your birthday wishes! It is the perfect day at the zoo with my family. And I appreciate my friends. Life is good!
21. Thanks for all the birthday wishes that I received today on Facebook, texts, calls, and messages. I am truly blessed.
22. Thank you for all the birthday wishes, phone calls, texts, and anyone who’s been a part of my birthday weekend! It was full of surprises, and great memories were made.
23. Thank you ALL for thinking of me! I appreciate all of the birthday wishes. It was a great birthday weekend. I feel super blessed to have so many thoughtful friends.
24. Thank you for all the wonderful birthday wishes. I felt the love today, which was greatly appreciated. I have the best friends and amazing family!
25. I wanted to thank everyone for my birthday wishes yesterday. You’re all very special to me, and you made me feel a bit more special yesterday too.
26. Thank you for all the birthday love! Hugs and Kisses to all my lovely friends. I appreciate all of the sweet wishes for my birthday. I had the best day celebrating with my cats as I took the day off from work. And then I had a fantastic dinner at Best Steak Place with Ted.
27. Thank you for the sweet birthday text. I value our friendship and was so happy to hear from you today. You are a special part of my life. Much love!
28. I am not used to so much attention. Thank you for the best birthday message today. From the bottom of my heart, I want you all to know that hearing happy birthday from so many made my day feel special. I appreciate every single wish.
29. Thank you for all the beautiful happy birthday wishes. They meant a lot to me! I feel blessed to have so many amazing friends. I had a great day with my wonderful family. My mom made a delicious lunch and a birthday cake.
30. Thank you for the birthday wishes. I had a great year and look forward to the coming year being even better. We all have busy lives, and I appreciate those that took time out of their day to write me a message.
Funny Thank You for Birthday Wishes Responses
Here are some fun thank you for the birthday wishes examples. You may also want to look at the funny over-the-hill messages for more ideas.
1. Thank you for the sweet birthday wishes. I’m 75 and feeling fine!
2. I’ve had another wild spin around the sun! Thanks for all of the far-out birthday wishes.
3. Thanks for the birthday wishes! I’m still hot; it just comes in flashes now.
4. Thank you, everyone, for all of the birthday wishes! I am very blessed with all the wonderful people in my life! I’m excited to be turning 29 again (you could follow this with a wink emoji).
5. Thank you, everyone, for the birthday well wishes. Once again, I was rear-ended by the old age monster. Funny how it sneaks up on you, and then WHAM!
Thank Boss for the Birthday Wishes Messages
Note: The examples above may work for your boss, but sometimes you may want to use slightly different wording, such as complimenting your boss.
1. Thank you for wishing me a happy birthday at today’s team meeting. You are a wonderful boss, and I enjoy working for you. Hearing kind words from you and the others was a great reminder of our great team.
2. You are a very thoughtful and considerate boss! Thank you for wishing me a happy birthday. It made me feel okay working on my birthday since I didn’t take the day off!
3. What a wonderful boss you are! I was surprised that you remembered my birthday. The birthday card from the team was appreciated. I was told that you were the organizer for it. It made my day!
4. Thank you for the happy birthday wishes. I will celebrate with my family tonight and share that my boss is caring and thoughtful. The cake during the meeting was perfect. Having a cat on it was a nice touch! Cats are the best!
5. Thanks for the birthday wishes! With such a great team, coming to work on my birthday was enjoyable, just like most days in the office. I was able to smile all day long with so many people wishing me a happy birthday. A little birdie told me that you spread the work. I appreciate that you helped make my day special!
Thank You for the Birthday Wishes For My Son or Daughter
Sometimes, you receive happy birthday wishes on behalf of your child, especially with younger children. When you say thank you, you can mention the name of your son or daughter as a way to acknowledge that the wishes were for them. 1. Thank you for wishing me a happy birthday at the team meeting today. You are a wonderful boss, and I enjoy working for you.
1. Thank you for the birthday wishes for Jake! He had the best day opening his gifts, and then we took him and the other kids to the water park for the day. I am confident in saying that he had an amazing birthday!
2. Thank you so much for the fantastic birthday wishes and greetings for Violet. Her second birthday was fun, and we are thankful to have such precious friends and so many family members celebrating her.
3. We appreciate every single birthday wish for our little Charlotte. It’s hard to believe that she just turned 1! So again, thank you for the fantastic birthday wishes for her, and may God bless you all.
4. Wow! So many of you took the time to wish our twins a happy birthday. Thank you for the loving birthday wishes. Jake and Elwood had a fun, memorable day at their birthday party.
5. I feel blessed to have such wonderful friends. Thank you for all the lovely wishes for Julie’s birthday. She had a fun part with a few friends from her pre-school. Overall, it was a beautiful day.
Thank You for the Birthday Wishes Summary
Saying thank you for the birthday wishes is a great way to show gratitude to your friends and family.
There are many examples of birthday thank-you messages in this guide to give you ideas for what you could say. For example, you might want to write a simple short thank you message, a funny note, or a longer message to express your gratitude.
A Facebook status post is a great way to respond to all the Facebook birthday messages at one time. You can also respond to individual birthday text messages, instant messages, or emails.
Sometimes the best birthday gift can be knowing that you are loved by friends and family.