Graduation parties are a great way to celebrate a high school or college graduate.
If you want to say thank you for being invited to the party, there are example messages below.
When I wrote this post, I was NOT thinking about kindergarten graduation or graduation from middle school or whatever other grade.
- If an RSVP was requested, you will still want to respond in the requested manner. The thank you note is in addition to the RSVP, not a replacement.
- Your thank you message wording will vary depending on when you write the note and if you plan to attend. There are three sections below split out based on whether you will be attending, not attending, or already attended.
- This post is part of the thank you for the party series. There are more examples that are not specific to graduation parties in that post.
- The examples below are only the center section, the thank you message, and part of the thank you note. You can see a complete thank you note here. If you are sending your message by email or a handwritten note, be sure to include the opening, closing,
- If there was something that stood out at the party (the food, something fun, etc.) or are looking forward to (if writing before attending), you can mention that in your note. The best thank-you notes are specific!
- You may attend a party where you don’t know the graduate well. Perhaps the son or daughter of a friend or coworker. If your note is to the parent, add “son’s or daughter’s” before the phrase “graduation party” in the examples.
Will be attending
#1 Thanks for inviting me to your graduation party. I will be there!
#2 Thanks for inviting my family to your graduation party. We are looking forward to it and will see you on the 18th. The kids are looking forward to the bouncy house!
#3 We are excited to attend your graduation party. Thank you for inviting us, and we will see you and your family on July 15th.
#4 Thank you for inviting us to your graduation party. We are excited to celebrate your achievement and look forward to a delicious cake. See you next Saturday!
#5 Thank you for inviting me to your graduation party. Graduating from college is a huge accomplishment, and I am proud of you. I will see you at the party on June 10th.
Will not be attending
#1 I am sorry, but we will not be able to attend your graduation party. Thank you for inviting us, but we have a wedding to attend that day. I hope you have fun times with your friends.
#2 We received your invitation to your graduation party. We appreciate being invited; however, we have another commitment that day and will miss out. Congratulations on graduating high school! We are proud of you.
#3 Thanks for inviting us to your graduation party. Unfortunately, we will not make it as we will be out of town on vacation that weekend. However, we will have a gift for you the next we see you at [location].
#4 We appreciate being invited to your graduation party, but we will not be able to attend. However, we will stop by sometime next week to see you and drop off a gift, and you can tell us about the party. Have fun!
#5 Thanks for inviting me to your graduation party. I am bummed that we will not be able to make it. I enjoyed having you as a student in my biology class and wish you all the best as you continue your studies at [school name].
#1 I had fun at your graduation party. Thank you for inviting me!
#2 Thank you for inviting me to your graduation party. I had so much fun celebrating you with our friends. The new memories we made around the bonfire will last a lifetime.
#3 Your graduation party was awesome! Thank you for inviting me. The cake your aunt made was fantastic, and I had a wonderful time visiting with other family members.
#4 I am so happy you invited me to your graduation party. I had the best time playing volleyball and hanging out with our friends. Also, the food was fantastic, especially the pulled pork. Perhaps, you can help me plan my party next year!
#5 Thank you for inviting us to your graduation party. The kids had a blast playing with the other kids that were there. Good luck as you start your next phase of life [or another good luck message].