When we feel thankful for someone, we should occasionally share our appreciation for them.
Is there someone that needs to hear from you? Perhaps, they’ve been listed in your gratitude journal often or helped you recently.
A good “I am thankful for you” message will include why you are thankful for them.
Your reasons for feeling thankful likely depends on your relationship. For example, what you want to say to a coworker will differ from what you say to your best friend.
How Do You Say I’m Thankful for You?
You may want to say “I’m thankful for you” to someone for many reasons.
For your message, think about why you are thankful for them. For example, how would you finish this sentence: I am grateful for you because ______________.
Once you’ve thought through your reasons, you can write a handwritten thank-you note, email, or text message.
You can include a recent example to improve your “I’m thankful for you” message. For example, your note could start with one of the examples below.
Thankful For You Quotes for Friends
Here are some example messages to help you let your friends know you are thankful for them.
- My friend, I am thankful for you! I appreciate all that you do for me.
- I am grateful for you. Thank you for all of your love and support.
- I’m so glad you are in my life. I’m thankful for our friendship.
- I’m thankful for your support during this challenging time and whenever I need it.
- I’m grateful for you and our friendship. We have so much fun together.
- Thank you for being my friend. I’m so grateful for you and the good times that we share.
- Thanks for having dinner with me last night. I’m thankful for you and your listening ear.
- Thanks for being in my life. I am thankful for you and the time we spent together.
- I appreciate our friendship. I am thankful for our shared love of cats.
Thankful For You Messages for Family
Sometimes, we can take our family for gratitude. Use these messages to let them know that you are grateful for them.
You can swap out the endearments (ex. Mom) and relationships (ex. sister) as needed for your thank-you message.
- Mom, I’m thankful for you. I appreciate you for all the years you’ve helped me out.
- I am grateful for you. You’re my sister and my friend. You mean the world to me.
- I am thankful for you and your lifelong support.
- Dad, I’m so grateful for you. Thank you for leading our family so well. You’ve been an excellent example of how to live a productive, meaningful life.
- Thank you so much for all that you do for me. I appreciate the big things and the little things. We have the best family.
- I am grateful for you and the time we spent together growing up. You will always have a special place in my heart.
- I am thankful for you. You’re the best [sister/brother/parent] anyone could ask for. Our relationship as adults is a blessing in my life.
- Thank you for helping me so much. I am grateful for you and all that you do.
- Thanks, bro, for being the best big brother!
Thankful For You Quotes for Coworkers
When you spend more time with your coworkers at your job than with your family, it’s important to express your gratitude to the coworkers you are thankful for.
Remember, your note may feel more meaningful if you can thank your coworker for something specific.
- I am thankful that we are coworkers. I enjoy our casual conversations and the ability to focus on projects together.
- I am grateful for you. Work feels fun with you as my coworker.
- I’m so glad we met as coworkers. I love talking about cats [or another topic] with you.
- I am thankful to you for always being willing to help me out.
- Thank you for being a great coworker! You’re fantastic to work with.
- I am grateful for you! Thank you for mentoring me and training me on the new processes.
- Thank you for being an excellent coworker. I enjoy sitting next to you.
- You’re the ideal coworker, and I’m grateful for you.
- I appreciate your attitude of gratitude. It makes you a great coworker.
Read Next: Thank You So Much Alternatives