Many gifts are given on Valentine’s Day. You can quickly express gratitude when you receive chocolate, roses, or another treat.
You can send a text message or, if you want to impress, a handwritten thank-you card.
How to Say Thank You For A Valentine’s Gift
You can write a short thank you message when you receive a Valentine’s Day Gift. The best thank you messages will mention the gift specifically.
- If you live with the person that gave you the gift, a verbal thanks is probably sufficient to show your gratitude. However, you can still write them a thank you note or text if you’d like.
- Name the gift specifically. Only saying “Thank you for the Valentine’s Day gift” may leave them wondering if you know what they gave you.
- If appropriate, use “I Love you” or “Love” as the closing. Including love will not be suitable for a co-worker, boss, teacher, or student.
- Examples are provided below but remember to be yourself when writing your note and substitute words as needed.
- You can use any thank you note card, but you may want to use a heart-themed card for Valentine’s Day. Or any card with a picture you like (or the receiver will like) that is blank inside.
- Valentine’s Day Thank You Note Template:
Here is a template for writing a thank you message for Valentine’s Day gifts.
Dear [name of the person who gave the gift],
Thank you for the [insert gift] for Valentine’s Day. The [insert gift] is awesome. When using it, I will think of you [and be reminded of your love – if appropriate].
*The closing will need to be adjusted depending on who you are thanking. Love is okay for family members or significant others; otherwise, go with Sincerely or Best Regards.
Related Valentine’s Day Thank You Messages:
- Thank You Messages to include in a Valentine’s Day card or text
- Thank You for the Valentine Flowers Message Examples
- 23 Thank You for the Chocolate Message Examples
- 25 Valentine’s Appreciation Messages For Friends and Lovers
Please remember that your wording will vary based on who the gift was from. For example, my mom gives her kids and grandkids a $5 treat for Valentine’s Day. I will write her a different note than when I receive a romantic gift from my husband.
Valentine’s Day Thank You Messages for Gifts From Significant Other
Here are a few examples of saying thank you for a gift from a spouse or partner. Also, remember that Valentine’s dinner out is a gift.
- Thank you for the box of chocolate for Valentine’s Day. I love you too.
- Thank you for the beautiful Valentine’s roses. They remind me of how much we love each other. Thank you for making my day feel special.
- I am so much in love with you. Thank you for taking me out to dinner on Valentine’s Day. I enjoyed the fancy restaurant meal and will think of you when admiring the perfect flowers you sent to my office for me. You’re the best!
- Thank you for the Valentine’s dinner and movie. I greatly appreciate you for organizing the babysitter and planning the entire evening. Spending time with just you was a wonderful blessing.
- Thank you for the flowers and date night on Valentine’s Day. I had a great time and love you so much.
Valentine’s Day Thank You Messages for Gifts From Your Friends
Here are some short messages for thanking your friends or family for Valentine’s Day gifts.
- Thanks for the Valentine’s day gift! The chocolates are fabulous.
- Thank you for the Valentine’s Day treat. Ted and I will have fun spending the money on something we enjoy soon. We also liked the stickers you used on the envelopes.
- Thank you for thinking of me on Valentine’s Day! I appreciate the yellow and white carnations you had delivered. They were a wonderful surprise, and I am grateful for our friendship.
- You are kind for sending me a Valentine’s Day card. Thank you very much. I was delighted to find the card in today’s mail.
- Thank you for the Valentine’s Day treat. The picture of the kittens on the heart-shaped chocolate box was super adorable.
- Thanks for organizing the Valentine’s Day lunch for our friends. Celebrating our friendship was fun, and I enjoyed catching up with everyone.
Valentine’s Day Thank You Message For Gifts From Coworkers
When you receive Valentine’s gifts from a coworker, you can also mention that you enjoy working with them.
- Thank you for the little box of chocolates for Valentine’s Day. My sweet tooth appreciates them. I am glad we are on the same team!
- I’m glad we are on the same team! You’re so fun. Thanks for the Valentine’s Day candy.
- Thank you for treating me to lunch on Valentine’s Day. It made working on Valentin’s Day feel fun.
You may also like: