Many messages can be written in thank you cards. Sometimes the wording can feel challenging.
A good thank-you note will express your appreciation for something or someone.
The wording inside your thank you card will depend on the reason for writing the thank you card. And your wording will change depending on who you are thanking. For example, what you say to your mom for a gift will be different than thanking your boss for raise.
The Benefits of Handwritten Thank You Cards
Writing handwritten thank-you cards allows you to slow down and fully appreciate your gratitude for whatever reason it is that you’re saying thank you.
Also, handwriting the note will help you consider your words carefully, as there is no delete key!
And you can take your time and write a meaningful thank you message. A well-written thank-you note may make someone feel seen and acknowledged.
What Exactly Should You Write In Thank You Card?
There are general messages that can be used to say thank you for most occasions. Also, when appropriate, you can include compliments.
The best thank-you messages will be personalized for your situation. Viewing examples can be very helpful. Review various thank you card message examples for your occasion by clicking here.
Here are some example messages to get you started. To make them feel meaningful, modify them to include exactly what you are saying thank you for.
General Thank You Messages for Most Occasions
Here is some wording that will work for most reasons for expressing gratitude when thanking friends or family.
- You’re amazing. Thank you so much.
- Thank you for all that you do.
- You’re a blessing. I’m grateful for you.
- Thank you for helping me.
- You made my day! Thank you.
- Thank you so much.
- Thanks for being awesome.
- I am grateful for you.
- Thank you for thinking of me.
- Thanks you for everything.
Related: 35 Thank You So Much Alternatives
Basic Thank You for the Gift Messages
When saying thank you for a gift, mention the gift and then say why you like it, how you will enjoy it, why you are thankful for it, etc. These generic messages could be personalized based on the gift you received.
- Thank you for the wonderful gift. You’re the best!
- I love the gift. I will think of you whenever I use it.
- You’re a fantastic gift giver. Thank you so much for the thoughtful gift.
- Thanks for thinking of me. The gift is wonderful.
- Thank you for the restaurant gift card. We will enjoy eating there soon.
General Thank You Messages at Work
When thanking your coworker, boss, or employees, the tone of your message will be more professional than when thanking a friend.
- I enjoy working with you. Thanks for helping me yesterday.
- Thank you for the wonderful team outing. I had fun.
- You’re a great coworker. I appreciate your ongoing support and mentoring.
- I’m thankful I’m on your team, learning so much from you.
- Thank you for going above and beyond last week.