Boss’s Day Thank you note examples
Boss’s Day is on October 16th in the United States unless it falls on a weekend. Are you ready for it this year?
Some people give gifts on Boss’s day. There are some ideas for Boss’s Day gifts here. In this post, we will focus on the gift of your words expressed in a thank you note! Handwritten notes may help you stand out as well, depending on the boss! You can do a gift and a thank-you note if you want to.
What to thank your boss for on Boss’s Day suggestions:
- Their support throughout the year
- Their support recently
- Lunch (Read this post for lunch specific thank-you note examples)
- To thank the boss for a raise read this.
- Being an awesome, caring boss
- Whatever you’d like that is appropriate for your Boss.
Boss’s Day thank you note tips:
- Do not include anything confidential as others may see your note (even if it is in an email).
- Don’t compare your boss to a different boss. That is a little tacky.
- If you don’t like your boss or have a not so good boss, try to find 1 thing that you can thank them for. If you can’t come up with anything, don’t write a note and consider looking for another job!
- The note can be started or ended with “Happy Boss’s Day!” or “Have a great day!”
Compliments are nice too!
Below are some examples of Boss’s Day cards available on Amazon. You could write your thank you note inside a card like one of these.
10 Boss’s Day Thank you note examples
Note: replace words in [brackets] as appropriate.
- Thank you for providing so much support recently on [project name]. Learning the different roles of the project has been a challenge for me. I am grateful that you were willing to spend extra time with me explaining the details.
- I am very thankful that you have arranged work from home days for me. This has made appointments for my cats and doctor’s appointments much easier to get to. And I’ve been able to have breakfast with my husband more often as well.
- I appreciate that you are not only my boss but also my friend. Thank you for asking about my family and for covering work for me while I had dental appointments. This has been a trying year for me, and I’m grateful that I didn’t need to worry about time off of work being a problem.
- Thank you for sending me to the training for [whatever training was for]. This has changed that way I work on [process name]. I am happy that you encouraged me to go!
- This last year has been interesting! Thank you for helping me along the way as I learned new customers. Your support made it much easier and I’m glad I can always come to you with questions!
- I love working for you! Your mentoring on how to become a leader has changed my outlook on the business world. I am excited to learn more and more from you. Let’s do lunch again soon!
- Thank you for being understanding when I misunderstood the policy for taking time off at the last minute. I am glad that I was able to keep my job! What a relief as I enjoy working for you.
- The recent training you did on [training topic] was fantastic. I like forward to learning more from you and continuing to improve my skills. I also appreciate the team lunches we’ve had this year.
- You are a wonderful boss! I am happy that I was assigned to your team as I have learned a lot from you. I am amazed at how you can explain problems in a way that I can quickly understand.
- I am grateful for all of your support. Working with [customer] has been a challenge for me, and I’m thankful that you have been able to be on the calls. I am sure your communication skills are starting to rub off on me!