One of my favorite things about living in Michigan is we experience all four seasons. Winter may be cold and snowy but that helps me appreciate the warmth of spring.
My favorite season is fall. The days are cooler than summer and the leaves on the trees change to beautiful shades of yellow, red, and orange. The fall colors have become a tourist attraction and the State of Michigan even provides information on their website about fall color tours!
Today was one of the perfect fall days. Sunny and warm enough to be able to wear a sweatshirt without needing another jacket. I am thankful that I was able to walk through my neighborhood and enjoy the fall colors.
I took this picture on my walk. I see that there is a tree without leaves photo bombing in the lower left corner!
This day was another reminder of the often overlooked things in my life that I am grateful for:
- I am able to walk
- The sunshine felt great
- I have a smart phone on which I can take pictures
- I met a new neighbor for the first time
- Another neighbor gave us a covered kitty litter box for the cat and kittens we recently adopted (I need to write them a thank you note!).
- The fall colors are stunning and extraordinary and I live in a part of the world where the leaves change colors in the fall and I can enjoy them.
- I am able to write this post from the comfort of my heated home.
Do you enjoy fall? What is your favorite season?
You may also like My First Thankful Thursday as I talk about gratitude in it as well.