This week in gratitude – what are you thankful for?
I hope to inspire you to take a moment and reflect on things that you are grateful for this week.
The cat with hyperactive thyroid
One of my cats was diagnosed with a hyperactive thyroid last Saturday. She was 12 years old then. This is another situation that I did not like and was able to find a way to be grateful:
- She was diagnosed with a treatable condition. We had her checked out by the vet as she was looking too skinny. We had hoped the weight loss was due to be chased by kittens.
- We had the funds to cover the blood tests to determine the cause of her weight loss.
- The treatment is inexpensive. Two pills a day.
- So far she has not resisted taking the pills much. I’m still getting the shove-pill-in-cat’s-mouth technique mastered.
More stuff from this week
* We’ve had a few hot and humid days and it’s only May! I am thankful that we have central air conditioning. I’m enjoy the comfort that comes along with it. I do not function well in humidity.
* And we’ve also had the perfect weather where we’ve been able to open the windows and enjoy the fresh air.
(In southern Michigan in the spring it’s possible to run the furnace, have the windows open, and need the air conditioning all in the same week.)
* My husband did the vacuuming. We should all be thankful when our spouses do the housework!
* Spending time with friends and family. I attended two family gatherings.
* Flowers! Two years ago I transplanted some irises from my dad’s yard to my yard. This year two of them had flower blossoms! One of the blooms is pictured above.
What are thankful for this week?
You may also like: