At the start of a new year many reflect on the year that just ended. Everyone has struggles and hardships.
Making a list of what we are grateful for can help remind us of the positive things that have happened in our lives.
Here are some things that happened in 2014 that I am grateful for:
* This site was launched after working through the Internet Business Mastery Academy. I am grateful for what I have learned, the people have met, and those that I’ve been able to help with thank you note writing.
* Pat Flynn answered a question I submitted on his Ask Pat podcast. I asked about when to add a Start Here page for a new site. You can listen to the entire episode by going to http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/ask-pat/ and then navigate to episode #153. And yes, I did send Pat a thank you note for the free Ask Pat t-shirt I received having my question featured. It took me a few months but I finally did a Start Here page.
* My husband and I had the means and space to keep 3 of the 6 cats (a mom cat and 5 kittens) that showed up in my yard in July 2014. We kept the mother and 2 of the kittens after not being able to find a home for them that was up to my standards. I sent thank you notes to those that adopted the other 3 kittens. Follow me on Facebook or Instagram to see more pictures of the 2 kittens, their mom, and our 3 other cats!
* I discovered the joy and benefits of eating real food (as opposed to processed) as much as possible. This came after I connected with Heather of A Real Food Journey. With Heather’s encouragement, in November I decided to try The 21-Day Sugar Detox: Bust Sugar & Carb Cravings Naturally. I am grateful to her for pushing me to do it as it has changed my life and how I feel about food. I am now sensitive to sugar and consume much less of it. I am also happy for the few pounds I’ve lost and overall feeling healthier as a result of the detox. And I’m becoming better at cooking – a skill my husband is grateful for!
* Jon Stolpe had me as a guest on his blog. This was my first guest post ever! The article was about encouraging kids to write thank you notes.
* The October 31 day writing challenge. This marked the first time I consistently added content to this site on any sort of regular basis and it gave me the kick-start I needed. The most viewed post from October is Writing your boss a thank you note for lunch.
* Thank you for reading and supporting this site!
2015 Motto and Goals
For 2015, the motto for this site will be “Living life with gratitude”. I want to inspire people to live their lives with gratitude. One way to show our gratitude is by writing thank you notes. I plan to continue helping people with their thank you note writing questions.
I have also set a goal to read 36 books in 2015. I’ve just finished A Street Cat Named Bob: And How He Saved My Life. It’s an inspiring true story of how a cat changes a man’s life (for the better!). I believe Mr. Bowen is very grateful for Bob!
How was your 2014? What do you hope to accomplish in 2015?